Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whatever Doesn't Kill Me...

I decided that it would be a really great idea to go for a run during my lunch break today since I didn't think that I would be able to find the time to work it in later. While it seemed like a great idea at the time, I forgot to figure in that I am still not feeling 100%. My throat decided to get really angry and just close on me a couple of times, which was fun. I would be running around just fine and then BAM, I could no longer breath. So I would cough up some flem and keep going. It was...fun, and by fun I mean horrible but that is done now. It is now time for me to sit at my desk, scan documents, enter id numbers and stare at a the plain camel colored wall in front of me. In an attempt to make my corner seem more inviting, I have started posting sticky-notes of motivational quotes. Unfortunately the quotes have begun to get more and more strange, such as "whatever doesn't kill me, just hurts me eve more so...that's fine" and "words, can you swim without them?" And then they just get depressing, like "even though I'm happy you have finally found yourself, I miss the person we believed you were," and "too bad dark languages rarely survive..." So I sit in the corner staring at brightly colored post-its that should be motivating me but rather have more of an emotionally draining effect. But this is it...my life for forty hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment