Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dress Form




I finally purchased my first dress form. Sure, it is on the cheaper side and may have broken within the first hour of coming out of the box, but that is not the point. The point is that I have one and now I can make dresses that fit. Also I am far less likely to stick myself with needles. Now it is time to get working on some new clothes. I know that I said that I was going to finish all of the projects that I have from 2009 as a New Years resolution, but I am kind of over that (just kidding, I will have all of those done by 2012). I have been searching the Internet to find some patterns that I think will be easy and can be worn at least 10 different ways. Thus far, these are my favorite.



The One Dress: I love this dress. I think that it is the neatest design ever! It was designed for all women and a portion of the proceeds go towards helping women around the world. In an ideal world, I would actually buy this dress, but I work at an unstable temp job and so I have to try and make one






The Limitless Dress: Made by Icelandic Designer Emami, this dress can be tied 30 different ways, including pants. Again, love the design, lack the funds



And finally almost anything by Ximena Valero: Her designs are just so sweet. And this picture gives me a real great view as to how the dress is assembled.





1 comment: