Monday, October 18, 2010

Shoes...but not the cute kind

So I finaly went to A Snail's Pace to get some good shoes for running. I found out that when I run, I severily overpronate. This means that I roll my foot too much when I run which causes my arch to cave in. Overpronating leads to plantar fasciitis, Shin Splints, Knee Pain and blisters. Because I overpronate so much, according to the girl who was helping me, I know own a pair of running shoes that have as much support as a grandmothers orthopidics,at least they come in silver and purple. But it urns out that I really like running and I look forward to it every day so buying my horribly ugly and huge(size 10) shoes so that I can finally run without pain!

So the first day out in them was a little painful, but I am hoping that they get better once my feet start to get used to them. It is a three mile run tonight which is not too bad so hopefully my feet will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment